I’ve never been one for New Year resolutions..I never follow through with them. But this year I’m setting some goals and I’m putting them on here for accountability in hopes that having them out here will help me keep them.
The past year has been rough…But it’s also been eye opening…I’m finally finding out who I am for real, without trying to be what I think people want me to be. Open and honest. Which sounds so simple, easy and something I should have been doing forever right.. I like to please and it’s in my nature to “go with the flow” as opposed to making waves and saying “Hey! I’m not happy about this!! Let’s hash this out and get to a place where everyone is happy”.
I’m slowing changing my habits and getting more vocal about things I don’t like and *not* going along because I think it’s what someone else thinks I should do. It’s been a tough process and it’s still very uncomfortable at times..But it’s making me a lot happier and giving me more self confidence as I go.
I haven’t been writing on here as much as I’ve wanted to simply because I felt (feel?) like I would have to censor myself in order not to hurt people’s feelings or make myself look like a jackass. One of my goals this year is to write at least once a week. There is still a lot in my head that will never see the light of day on this blog, but this is my space for my thoughts and I’m not going to feel like I can’t write what I want to here.
Well, that was way more long winded than I intended it to be..So let’s get to the goals for 2011 shall we:
- Blog 1 time per week, consistently.
- Get to sleep before midnight
- Clean as I go and don’t let things pile up on me. (I’m getting better about this..But it’s something I struggle with. I do feel so much better about everything with a clean, clutter free house.)
- Be open and honest in *every* single interaction with every single person I come in contact with. (This will be tough since my natural instinct is to just back down and go with the flow..But I’m learning to change that habit by taking a few minutes to think before I reply.)
- Re-connect with friends that I’ve lost contact with.
- Finish all the books I’m in the middle of reading before buying anymore (I currently have 9 books I’m in the process of reading. 3 of which are part of trilogy’s. One of which is the first book in the trilogy and is 1600 pages long! Is it sad that I’m *really* looking forward to losing myself in that book? )
- Getting my sleeve done on my right arm (met with the artist on 1/1 and she seemed to grok my ideas. I’ve got 4 five hour appointments setup with the first one starting in March. I’ve been saving for this now for a little over a year and it’s good to have my ideas with someone who seems as excited as I am about them. It could take upwards of 40 hours to get my ideas onto skin but it will be awesome once it’s complete.)
- Go to the gym 3 times per week ( 2010 saw a 35lb weight loss, which I’ve kept off for the most part but I need to re-commit myself to this being a *lifestyle* change)
- Track weight lifted and work on increasing that by at least 5% every two weeks.
- Run 1 mile non-stop by January 31st
- Run 2 miles non-stop by February 28th
- Run 5 miles non-stop by March 31st
- Run 13 miles non-stop by June 30th
- Run City of Oaks Marathon November 7th
- Cook at least 3 times per week at home
- Limit going out to lunch to 1 time per week
- Limit going out for dinner to 1 time per week
- Fix foods that I can then pack for lunch during the week
I’m feeling good about the list I have. Writing these down has me excited to start checking things off. There’s a lot that will require a fundamental shift in habits that I’ve had for my entire life. I’m under no illusions that I will falter on some of them. But, it’s how I come back from the falter that I’m focusing on more. Off we go!