Paint Project

If you know me, you know I don’t like chrome…at all…I took my windshield apart a while back and had it powdercoated black. I loved the look but since I had no place to keep my bike UV rays faded the paint really quickly and it looked worse than it did when it was chrome. Last week I ripped it apart again and tried something different this time. Instead of using paint I picked up some truckbed liner. For those unfamiliar it’s a textured paint that hardens and should withstand the abuses that a truckbed sees. It’s also fairly UV resistant.

Still together
still together

First coat done
1st coat

Second coat done
2nd coat

I’m going to let this coat dry and I may do a third coat. I’ve found that I really enjoy the process of cleaning, prepping, and painting all the bits. I seem to remember there are other colors of bedliner so I may get creative and see what comes out 🙂

More Space!!

In November of this year I’ll have had my bike for 3 years. Throughout that entire time I’ve had space issues with the stock saddlebags. It had always been more of an inconvenience and really only affected me during camping trips on the bike. When I sold my Jeep a could of months ago I ran into some issues I hadn’t really thought about…Grocery buying, secure storage, etc..After much thought I decided to drop the bucks to get some high quality hard bags that are lockable. I ended up getting the Corbin FleetLiner Saddlebags.

I finally got them installed today and these things are *huge*. And since it’s taken me an hour to type this little bit, I’ll stop and post pics now 😀

One side done:
one side done

All done and open:
all done