Just to try and keep my sanity I decided to take the Oil Filter Relocation Kit (ORK) off yesterday to see if I could patch it enough to ride a few miles this week. Once I realized that my tool selection was woefully inadequate for this kind of work a quick trip to Lowe’s was in order. I picked up a 150 piece metric/SAE tool kit and honestly, best money I’ve ever put on credit :-D.
So I get back and pull the exhaust off and start looking at the lines and it seems to me that they’ve been removed. Aside from what look like plier or vise grip indentions on the connections it looks to me that the bottom line wasn’t connected
You can’t really tell from the pic but the bottom hose closest to the floorboard but it’s really loose yet I can’t take it off or tighten it which makes me think that when I stopped to get an oil change in MS they undid those hoses which shouldn’t have been touched.
I ordered a replacement ORK from Baron’s Customs which should be here by next Friday :sigh:. I want to ride again..I really miss it.
Had to post a pic of the carnage. A lot of stuff had to be removed to get to the ORK..I didn’t think I would have to take most of it off but once I got the ORK loose I realized that I would have to take the exhaust off, and to get the exhaust off I had to take the highway peg as well as the floorboard off. I’ve learned a lot about this bike and I was never in a spot where I felt over my head. I know a lot of people laugh at that statement but hey, this is the first bike I’ve ever done any work on so lay off :-). Plus, I didn’t have any parts leftover so that’s gotta count for something 😀
Putting Humpty Dumpty back together..At least until the new ORK gets here and then I get to do it all over again.